Court Order Contempt & Enforcement

When one party in a case has failed to follow an order implemented by a court of law, they are susceptible to be “held in contempt.” Contempt is a type of mechanism which involves when a court is able to enforce a court order. This can include temporary orders during the process of dissolution proceedings or the final order once a case is closed. The Family Law statutes allow for the courts to order punitive and remedial sanctions to enforce these orders.

Contempt Of Child Support Orders

The contempt proceedings become the correct method in association to enforce past-due child support. When you file for this motion type in regards to child support that is past-due, it is important that your family lawyer offers the court with the most accurate view in regards to your situation. Likewise, if you are the person who is defending against a Motion for Contempt, you lawyer will also need to provide detailed and specific information along with proof in order to support your story.

Contempt Of A Parenting Plan

To arrive at a finding involved in contempt associated with a parenting-plan, the courts has to find that a parent has failed to comply with provisions set out in a parenting plan in bad faith. Once the court has found that one of the parents has failed to comply, it usually awards the make-up time to a parent who was denied residential-time. This can also result in the court ordering the parent who is non-compliant to pay fines, attorney fees and any reasonable expenses that were incurred to return or locate the child.

How Your Lawyer Can File A Motion For You In Court

When your ex-spouse has failed to abide by rulings made by a judge once you are divorced, they are recognized to be in “contempt of court.” This translates to the fact that their actions are recognized as defiance of this order, and you can file for a court motion using an experienced Washington State divorce attorney.

It is always advisable to keep accurate records that concern you ex-spouse’s alimony and support payments. This is to ensure when an issue does arise you can share them with your family lawyer.

Avoid letting the negligence which is inconsiderate of your ex-husband or ex-wife place you in a financial-bind. Contact Robert Cossey & Associates today to find out more information on how we can assist you in making an effective motion with the courts.

Call for your free consultation today: (509) 327-5563